Rebody Z3 2.8 Based Ferrari 250 Build

Let's find out Tom.:)

Tony.
 
The body looks very well finished. I would like to have a good look round one of these high value cars.

Personally, I can't see why a Z in drag should be worth so much more than a Z.

I'll definitely be selling mine at auction when the time comes. No tyre kickers. Vetted customers. When it's gone, it's gone. Money in the bank, move on.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Lee
Donor £3k
kit, inc interior & brackets £12k
wheels & tyres £2k
exhaust £500
Lights & handles £2k
instruments £2k
paint £5k
Trimming £5k
roof £500
Stainless steel trim inc bumpers £3k

Rough starting price PLUS labour £31k

This is why they sell for big money, a Tribute lit comes in at around £10>£12

Someone on the DNA forum is offering an interior panel kit for £10k, untrimmed and doesn't include seats or instruments!
 
Last edited:
I'd like to have seen it with knock-on wheels. Maybe the new owner will fit Borranis.
 
Borranis are just too wide, and also horribly expensive.
What you need is..............


Designed for the Z3 kits, bolt on hubs that allow you to fit the space saver in case of a puncture
 
car and classic auctions seem to attract very high prices.

@MisterP007 - why not give them a go. At least you will know that it's gone when it's gone.

Hey Pingu

I may have to keep it and finish next year to sell (£77k sound good to me). Best price I have been offered at the moment is £12500!
 
Donor £313k
kit, inc interior & brackets £12k
wheels & tyres £2k
exhaust £500
Lights & handles £2k
instruments £2k
paint £5k
Trimming £5k
roof £500
Stainless steel trim inc bumpers £3k

Rough starting price PLUS labour £31k

This is why they sell for big money, a Tribute lit comes in at around £10>£12

Someone on the DNA forum is offering an interior panel kit for £10k, untrimmed and doesn't include seats or instruments!

At the end of the day, it's worth what someone is prepared to spend. You just need to find the right shop window. It looks like bargain hunters use eBay, and people with serious money use different auctions.
 
Hi all

Not been on for a while as I lost the use of my big workshop and moved to somewhere with no facilities to build a car (not even a parking space!).

I have now sold the 250 California to a very nice guy who will no doubt be joining the forum in due course. He will be continuing the build from here on.

I still have the 250SWB Replica (the blue one).

No doubt there will be a follow-on thread linked to this one when the new owner signs up.

Thanks for all the help folks.

I will still be around on this thread as modifications/repairs continue on the 250SWB.

Sandy
 
The car was used for my son's wedding last month. £600-700 a pop for a classic car at a wedding!!!

Ross & Steph Wedding.webp
 
I hope the marriage certificate is a real one =))

Better if it is a fake, save him a fortune in 25-30 year's time (ask me how I know!!)
 
Back
Top