MOT Time...

...Re the position lamp should have failed on seriously reduced output and not inop if it was still working to some degree...
Yes that's what I thought, but, still a fail eh:(
 
I wanted to initially only replace the tether, but couldn’t figure out how to remove it without breaking the cap. The new ones are slightly different.View attachment 370498
Interestingly, the tether on mine comes out the centre of the cap:rolleyes:
 
@Mint

Hi Dave yes can confirm this is definitely a thing i actually failed an astra just this morning for a split seal.

As has been commented on genuine caps can be really expensive.

Failed a golf couple of months ago for split seal new vw cap £114 plus vat
New vw seal still 20 odd quid inc vat.

Re the position lamp should have failed on seriously reduced output and not inop if it was still working to some degree.

Stephen.

Yep. MOT isn't just a quick look at your brakes and grommets. My rebodied Z3 came through it's MOT a week or so ago. Third one as a rebody but the first MOT since my major dashboard redesign. When I got the car back I could see he'd moved all the heater control knobs and side vents to, I assume, check that everything could demist. Even the side windows. This is likely of interest to any rebody'ers who might be inclinded to take shortcuts with ther heater controls and vents.
 
Ours had the perished gasket as an advisory so perhaps it has been highlighted to the testers recently. I know our has been perished for a while at least since the tether broke 3 years ago.
 
Yep. MOT isn't just a quick look at your brakes and grommets. My rebodied Z3 came through it's MOT a week or so ago. Third one as a rebody but the first MOT since my major dashboard redesign. When I got the car back I could see he'd moved all the heater control knobs and side vents to, I assume, check that everything could demist. Even the side windows. This is likely of interest to any rebody'ers who might be inclinded to take shortcuts with ther heater controls and vents.
Heating and ventilation is NOT part of the Mot no reason for him to be touching it unless he was trying to clear the windows for some reason.

Stephen.
 
Heating and ventilation is NOT part of the Mot no reason for him to be touching it unless he was trying to clear the windows for some reason.

Stephen.
Maybe outside of the test he was just curious whether my home made dash and chopped console had all the buttons and knobs working.

Although it would make sense, in my mind, if de-misting the windscreen was a requirement. But now I know.
 
Back
Top