window stopping position

David Cullen

Zorg Legend
Supporter
The M44 Massive
i am sure this has been covered before but cant find it so sorry if its re post :-/
my drivers side window goes up too far, past the top of the window frame and as a result the glass sits over the hood and dosent make a seal with the rubbers on top, now its not a big deal as i can just use the switch to get it to the right level but it would be nice to have it right :) is there a sensor or something that stops it in the right position? no probs with the passo window.. thanks guys and gals :)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I think you can adjust it on the fixing to the lift mechanism Dave.

Tony.

Ashbandicoot

Passed Away, July 27 2015
Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I have had an issue before where the driver window has come away from the regulator and it actually sat on top, resulting in the window going an inch or more above the hood.

Maybe as easy as pushing the glass downwards, I had to remove the door card to reposition.

Ash

Ashbandicoot

Passed Away, July 27 2015
Deceased
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
@David Cullen possibly try this...

"Hop in the car and close the door. Then, pick a direction – up or down – and press the window button to move the window in that direction. Continue holding the button down after the window hits the physical stop for SIX SECONDS. When done, hit the button to move the window in the opposite direction and repeat the process. After you release the button this time, press the button again the opposite direction to activate the one-touch feature and test that the window moves up and down cleanly and quietly"

This worked for when I fitted the hard top and the windows stopped short - i've had a few issues :)

Ash

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
TBH Dave, it's going to involve door card off and trial and error Me thinks.
Best I can offer at this time of night.
Cheers mate.

Tony.

upstream

The M44 Massive
Hi,
How did you get on with this? My passenger side window goes up too far. Well, what actually happens is that when you press the button to bring the window up, you have to hold it (the auto thingy doesn't seem to work). When it reaches the top, if your finger is still on the button it (the window) continues to go up.

I'm a little scared to try the reset procedure from an earlier post just in case it just keeps going and going until something breaks. Did you manage to fix yours in the end?

Thanks.

David Cullen

Zorg Legend
Supporter
The M44 Massive
hi Upstream, sorry for the late reply :-(
i did try the reset as posted and that worked with regards to the window going up and down without having to hold the button but it did still go too high so i am still left with stopping the window in the right position manualy, it no big deal so i think i am just going to live with it ;-)